Individuals engaged in any business, trade, profession or occupation within the unincorporated area of Bulloch County, are required to have an Occupational Tax Certificate. This is separate from other regulatory guidelines that may be required prior to opening a business within the County (e.g., alcohol license or other state issued licenses).
- Submit application to the Clerk of the Board. Photo ID required for original application.
- Submit Affidavits-Public Benefit Affidavit and Private Employer Exemption Affidavit OR Private Employer Affidavit of Compliance
- Submit the Sheriff Contact Information form.
- Pay Occupational Tax – Check and cash only.
- 1-3 employees – $50
- 4-7 employees – $100
- 8-12 employees – $150
- 13-18 employees – $200
- 19-25 employees – $250
- 26 & above – $300 + $1 per employee over 26
Click for Occupational Tax Packet
Certificates expire June 30th of each year and must be renewed by July 31st to remain current and avoid any penalties. Renewal notices will be sent out each June.
If you do not operate a business in the unincorporated area of Bulloch County or if the business will not be in operation after July 1st, please contact the Clerk of the Board so that our records can be updated.