Bulloch County is proud to be a StormReady Community!
Bulloch County (EMA)17245 Highway 301 North Statesboro, GA 30461 Phone (912)489-1661 Fax (912)489-3453 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Emergency Management program is based on the requirements of the Georgia Emergency Management Act of 1981, as amended December 1992.
Emergency Management is the managerial function of Bulloch County government, charged with creating and maintaining the framework within the community to reduce vulnerability to hazards and cope with disasters that includes all cities within the county.
What we do:
- Develop and maintain all local emergency Management programs, projects, and plans required by state and federal government.
- Maintain the emergency Operations center (EOC) for Bulloch County and municipalities.
- Provide 24-hour coordination of resources to emergencies and disasters.
- Provide 24-hour emergency coordination to multiple response agencies.
- Provide liaison with local, state and federal authorities during major emergency and disasters.
- Develop, coordinated and conduct emergency management training/exercise programs.
- Develop and distribute emergency management presentations, brochures, pamphlets, public service announcements and other relevant information for civic organizations, business, and the public.
To protect Bulloch County citizens by coordinating and integrating all activities necessary to build, sustain, and improve the capability to mitigate against, prepare for, respond to, and recover from threatened or actual natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or other man-made disasters in order to save lives, protect property, and reduce the effects of disasters.
To create a safer, less vulnerable community with the capacity to cope with hazards and disasters.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Bulloch County Emergency Management Agency is a department of Bulloch County Public Safety Division and serves approximately 70,217 citizens living in Bulloch County, including the cities of Statesboro and the towns of Brooklet, Portal and Register.
The department’s primary responsibilities are to develop and maintain emergency plans, conduct disaster training exercises for all agencies, provide emergency public information, provide awareness and education programs, coordinate area emergency service agencies, and coordinate community warning systems.