These agencies are not employed by Bulloch County but are State or non-profit agencies.
ACTS (Area Christians Together in Service)
- Provides one-time emergency assistance with utility bills, rent, food, clothing, and other situations for those in need.
- Phone: 912-489-4588
- Provides delivery of disaster services, armed forces emergency services, blood services, and health and safety services.
- Phone: 912-764-4468
- Provides programs that inspire and enable all young people, with special concerns for those from disadvantaged circumstances, to become productive, responsible citizens and leaders.
- Phone: 764-9696
- Provides drug awareness and counseling to teachers, families, and individuals.
- Phone: 912-764-6405
Bulloch Med Connection
- Provides short and long term assistance in obtaining prescription medication for those in need.
- Phone: 912-764-8196
- Provides screened, trained, and supervised volunteers to serve as an advocate for abused and neglected children in deprivation hearings in the Ogeechee Judicial Circuit.
- Phone: 764-4849
- Provides home delivered meals to seniors that provides these individuals with at least one-third of their recommended daily nutritional requirements.
- Phone: 912-489-1604
- Provides an opportunity for children with disabilities to participate in academic activities as well as recreational activities.
- Phone: 912-764-1641
- Programs administered: Food Stamps, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Childcare Assistance, Medicaid-Right from the start Medicaid, Foster Care, Adoptions
- Phone: 912-871-1333
- Provides emergency food assistance to families and individuals in need.
- Phone: 912-489-3663
- Provides youth development programs for girls centering on personal growth and community service.
- Phone: 912-236-1571
GSU Senior Companion Program
- Provides volunteer service opportunities to seniors who assist other seniors who are residing at home but still need some assistance with routine activities.
- Phone: 912-478-0712
- Provides homemaker services that aid the elderly, the disabled and recovering patients.
- Phone: 912-764-9500
- U.S. Department of Housing resources for low income households
- Vehicle donation program to fund public education, patient and community services, research, professional education and organ donation programs of the National Kidney Foundation (NKF).
- Phone: 800-488-CARS
- Provides individual instruction for adults needing basic reading/writing skills; also provides free books and other activities to motivate children to read.
- Phone: 912-764-1345
- Resources regarding lung cancer.
- Provides a network for emotional support and information to families who have children with disabilities or special health care needs.
- Phone: 912-489-1904
- Helps children, adolescents, adults and seniors who suffer from mental health, developmental disabilities and addiction challenges to live more full and productive lives.
- Phone: 912-764-6906
Prevent Child Abuse
- Provides leadership, support, and coordination for the prevention of child abuse.
- Phone: 912-764-9462
- Provides temporary shelter and services for battered women and their children.
- Phone: 912-764-4605
- Volunteer-driven organization that studies agency proposals, determine how to distribute the money raised in our community, and then monitor how well the agencies use that funding, ensuring that your gifts are used in the most efficient manner possible.
- Phone: 912-489-8475
Whitesville Community Resource Center
- Provides educational and recreational services to young children, emphasizing self-esteem, community pride, relationship and basic learning skills.
- Phone: 912-764-5394