Bulloch County residents have several recycling options available to them. Bulloch County has 19 manned drop-off recycling centers that accept a variety of recyclables ranging from paper, plastics #1 and #2, glass, newspaper, cardboard, aluminum/metal cans, and more.
Bulloch County Recycling Centers will be closed on Monday, September 3rd in observance of Labor Day.
Beginning on September 4th, the Cypress Lake, 6-Points, Simons Road and Portal Recycling Centers will be open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 6:30am to 6:00pm and Sunday from 1:00pm to 6:00pm. All other recycling centers will be open Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday from 6:30am to 6:00pm and Sunday from 1:00pm to 6:00pm.
Materials Accepted (details of accepted materials):
- Steel cans
- Scrap metal
- Plastic #1 (PET plastic)
- Plastic #2 (frosted and colored plastic)
- Mixed paper
- Corrugated cardboard
- Used motor oil and filters
- Household items*
- Yard waste**
- Tires** -( must be removed from rims)
*Partnership with Goodwill to reuse items. Residents are also encouraged to donate household items, especially larger items, to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
**The State of Georgia has banned these materials from landfills and they must be recycled.
In addition, there are bulk waste and household garbage receptacles for those few items that cannot be recycled.
Household Hazardous Waste
Here is more information on how to properly dispose of household hazardous waste items.
Recycling Center locations and hours of operation:
*Beginning November 7, 2016 we will be closing all centers at 6:00 pm.*
Centers open 5 days a week
HOURS: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sun 1 – 6 p.m.
- Olney Station: 7722 Hwy 119 Connector – Phone# 912-823-9439
- Westside: 4982 Westside Road – Phone# 912-865-5604
- Highway 24: 1302 Highway 24 near Mill Creek Park – Phone# 912-489-1343
- Langston Chapel: 334 Langston Chapel Road – Phone# 912-871-7653
- Middleground: 3416 Middleground Rd – Phone# 912-587-9337
- Stilson: 16894 Hwy 119 Connector near Stilson Elementary – Phone# 912-823-3269
- Clito: 514 Kyle Sorrell Road near Clito Rd and Hwy 301 – Phone# 912-587-9155
- Denmark: 8201 Hwy 67 – Phone# 912-839-2024
- Pine Inn Center: 4261 Hwy 46 near Hwy 301 – Phone# 912-488-2300
- Old Leefield: 3469 Brooklet Leefield Road – Phone# 912-842-5195
- Sinkhole: 7605 Highway 46 at intersection of Sinkhole Rd and Hwy 46 – Phone# 912-839-2416
- Ogeechee: 5041 Clito Road at intersection of Clito Rd and Hwy 24 – Phone# 912-587-3301
- City Center: 149 Martin Luther King Jr Drive (7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., closed Sunday) – Phone# 912-764-4637
- Union Church: 1855 Union Church Rd off 301 South – Phone# 912-852-9507
- Pretoria: 7110 Rushing Road – Phone# 912-842-5707
- Cypress Lake: 3808 Cypress Lake Road – Phone# 912-681-8311
- Portal: 2016 Portal-Rocky Ford Road – Phone# 912-865-9745
- Simons: Simons Road – Phone# 912-764-2910
- Arcola/Hwy.46: 270 Arcola Road – Phone# 912-823-5969
- Coming Soon: Nevils Groveland Road