Bulloch County Recycling Drop-off Centers will be in normal operation, days and times, with the exception of the following holiday hours: New Years, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
Residents, businesses, and visitors to Bulloch County have several recycling options available to them. Since 1994, Bulloch County has operated staffed recycling centers for its residences. Today, there are 19 centers located throughout the county.
* IN OBSERVANCE OF MEMORIAL DAY ON MAY 28, 2018 ALL COLLECTION/RECYCLING CENTERS WILL BE CLOSED. THEY WILL RE-OPEN ON TUESDAY MAY 22, 2018 AT NORMAL HOURS. ALL OF US HERE AT BULLOCH COUNTY WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL OF THOSE WHO SERVED IN OUR MILITARY AND REMEMBER THE ONES WHO SELFLESSLY GAVE THEIR LIFE FOR OUR FREEDOM!*
ATTENTION BULLOCH CO. RESIDENTS
*ALL COLLECTION CENTERS ARE NOW CLOSED ON TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS AND THE HOURS HAVE CHANGED TO 6:30 A.M. – 6:00P.M. :MON-WED-FRI-SAT & SUN HOURS 1:00P.M. – 6:00P.M.*
*THE NEW ENTRANCE TO THE PRETORIA-RUSHING COLLECTION CENTER (5PTS.) IS LOCATED OFF RUSHING ROAD ON JOSH DEAL ROAD – APPROXIMATELY 200 FT. DOWN FROM THE OLD ENTRANCE. AGAIN, SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE!*
* Effective on 05/24/2017 the City Recycling Center located on Institute Street will not longer be accepting tires. The citizens can take them either to another recycling center location or to the landfill. *
*ATTENTION BULLOCH COUNTY RESIDENTS*
On November 17, 2017 The New Recycling Collection Center at Arcola/Hwy.46 will be open to receive refuse and recyclables. The unstaffed site at Arcola/Hwy.80 will be permanently closed. The new center will receive household garbage/trash, and recyclable material. The center will not receive yard waste, tires, or oil/fluids. These items can be disposed of at one of the other centers or the landfill.
Materials Accepted (details of accepted materials):
- Steel cans
- Scrap metal
- Plastic #1 (PET plastic)
- Plastic #2 (frosted and colored plastic)
- Mixed paper
- Corrugated cardboard
- Used motor oil and filters
- Household items*
- Yard waste**
- Tires** -( must be removed from rims)
*Partnership with Goodwill to reuse items. Residents are also encouraged to donate household items, especially larger items, to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
**The State of Georgia has banned these materials from landfills and they must be recycled.
In addition, there are bulk waste and household garbage receptacles for those few items that cannot be recycled.
Household Hazardous Waste
Here is more information on how to properly dispose of household hazardous waste items.
Recycling Center locations and hours of operation:
*Beginning November 7, 2016 we will be closing all centers at 6:00 pm.*
Centers open 5 days a week
HOURS: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sun 1 – 6 p.m.
- Olney Station: 7722 Hwy 119 Connector – Phone# 912-823-9439
- Westside: 4982 Westside Road – Phone# 912-865-5604
- Highway 24: 1302 Highway 24 near Mill Creek Park – Phone# 912-489-1343
- Langston Chapel: 334 Langston Chapel Road – Phone# 912-871-7653
- Middleground: 3416 Middleground Rd – Phone# 912-587-9337
- Stilson: 16894 Hwy 119 Connector near Stilson Elementary – Phone# 912-823-3269
- Clito: 514 Kyle Sorrell Road near Clito Rd and Hwy 301 – Phone# 912-587-9155
- Denmark: 8201 Hwy 67 – Phone# 912-839-2024
- Pine Inn Center: 4261 Hwy 46 near Hwy 301 – Phone# 912-488-2300
- Old Leefield: 3469 Brooklet Leefield Road – Phone# 912-842-5195
- Sinkhole: 7605 Highway 46 at intersection of Sinkhole Rd and Hwy 46 – Phone# 912-839-2416
- Ogeechee: 5041 Clito Road at intersection of Clito Rd and Hwy 24 – Phone# 912-587-3301
- City Center: 149 Martin Luther King Jr Drive (7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., closed Sunday) – Phone# 912-764-4637
- Union Church: 1855 Union Church Rd off 301 South – Phone# 912-852-9507
- Pretoria: 7110 Rushing Road – Phone# 912-842-5707
- Cypress Lake: 3808 Cypress Lake Road – Phone# 912-681-8311
- Portal: 2016 Portal-Rocky Ford Road – Phone# 912-865-9745
- Simons: Simons Road – Phone# 912-764-2910
- Arcola/Hwy.46: 270 Arcola Road – Phone# 912-823-5969