Bulloch County residents have several recycling options available to them. Bulloch County has 20 drop-off recycling centers that accept a variety of recyclables ranging from paper, glass, newspaper, cardboard, aluminum/metal cans, and more. Plastics will no longer be accepted, due to changing market conditions.
The Cypress Lake, 6-Points, Simons Road and Portal Recycling Centers will be open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 6:30 am to 6:00pm and Sunday from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm. All other recycling centers will be open Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm and Sunday from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
Materials Accepted (detail list):
- Glass, Aluminum, Steel Cans, Scrap Metal, Newspaper, Magazines, Mixed Paper, Corrugated Cardboard, Used Motor Oil and Filters, Yard Waste, Tires, Appliances
- Clothing, Household Items*
*Partnership with Goodwill to reuse items. Residents are also encouraged to donate household items, especially larger items, to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
There are bulk waste and household garbage receptacles for those few items that cannot be recycled.
Recycling Center locations and hours of operation (Map):
Centers open 5 days a week:
HOURS: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sun 1 – 6 p.m.
- Olney Station: 7722 Hwy 119 Connector
- Westside: 4982 Westside Road
- Highway 24: 1302 Highway 24 near Mill Creek Park
- Langston Chapel: 334 Langston Chapel Road
- Middleground: 3416 Middleground Road
- Stilson: 16894 Hwy 119 Connector near Stilson Elementary
- Clito: 514 Kyle Sorrell Road near Clito Rd and Hwy 301
- Denmark: 8201 Hwy 67
- Pine Inn Center: 4261 Hwy 46 near Hwy 301
- Old Leefield: 3469 Brooklet Leefield Road
- Sinkhole: 7605 Highway 46 at intersection of Sinkhole Rd and Hwy 46
- Ogeechee: 5041 Clito Road at intersection of Clito Rd and Hwy 24
- City Center: 149 Martin Luther King Jr Drive (7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., closed Sunday)
- Union Church: 1855 Union Church Rd off 301 South
- Arcola/Hwy.46: 270 Arcola Road
- Nevils-Groveland : 2500 Nevils-Groveland Road
Centers open 6 days a week:
HOURS: Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sun 1-6 p.m.
- Portal: 2016 Portal-Rocky Ford Road
- Simons Rd: Simons Road
- Cypress Lake: 3808 Cypress Lake Road
- Pretoria-Rushing: 7110 Rushing Road