Bulloch County Recycling Drop-off Centers will be in normal operation, days and times, with the exception of the following holiday hours: New Years, Easter Sunday, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
Residents, businesses, and visitors to Bulloch County have several recycling options available to them. Since 1994, Bulloch County has operated staffed recycling centers for its residences. Today, there are 18 centers located throughout the county.
* Effective on 05/24/2017 the City Recycling Center located on Institute Street will not longer be accepting tires. The citizens can take them either to another recycling center location or to the landfill.
* Attention* All Bulloch County Recycling Centers will be closed on July 4, 2017 in observance of The Fourth of July! They will reopen on July 5 – We hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!
Materials Accepted (details of accepted materials):
- Steel cans
- Scrap metal
- Plastic #1 (PET plastic)
- Plastic #2 (frosted and colored plastic)
- Mixed paper
- Corrugated cardboard
- Used motor oil and filters
- Household items*
- Yard waste**
*Partnership with Goodwill to reuse items. Residents are also encouraged to donate household items, especially larger items, to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
**The State of Georgia has banned these materials from landfills and they must be recycled.
In addition, there are bulk waste and household garbage receptacles for those few items that cannot be recycled.
Household Hazardous Waste
Here is more information on how to properly dispose of household hazardous waste items.
Recycling Center locations and hours of operation:
*Beginning November 7, 2016 we will be closing all centers at 6:00 pm due to the time change. We will keep this schedule until Daylight Savings Time begins in the Spring of 2017.*
Centers open 7 days a week
HOURS: Mon – Sat 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sun 1 – 7 p.m.
- Pretoria: 7110 Rushing Road at intersection of Pretoria-Rushing and Burkhalter Rd
- Simons: 210 Simons Road
- Cypress Lake: 3808 Cypress Lake Road
- Portal: 2016 Portal-Rocky Ford Road
Centers open 5 days a week
HOURS: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sun 1 – 7 p.m.
- Olney Station: 7722 Hwy 119 Connector
- Westside: 4982 Westside Road
- Highway 24: 1302 Highway 24 near Mill Creek Park
- Langston Chapel: 334 Langston Chapel Road
- Middleground: 3416 Middleground Rd
- Stilson: 16894 Hwy 119 Connector near Stilson Elementary
- Clito: 514 Kyle Sorrell Road near Clito Rd and Hwy 301
- Denmark: 8201 Hwy 67
- Pine Inn Center: 4261 Hwy 46 near Hwy 301
- Old Leefield: 3469 Brooklet Leefield Road
- Sinkhole: 7605 Highway 46 at intersection of Sinkhole Rd and Hwy 46
- Ogeechee: 5041 Clito Road at intersection of Clito Rd and Hwy 24
- City Center: 35 Martin Luther King Jr Drive (7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., closed Sunday)
- Union Church: 1855 Union Church Rd off 301 South