Residents, businesses, and visitors to Bulloch County have several recycling options available to them. Since 1994, Bulloch County has operated staffed recycling centers for its residences. Recycling at your own home is not only easy, but it is a simple way to do your individual part in protecting our earth. Trashcans, cardboard boxes, or other storage containers can act as recycling bins. Store recycling bins in a pantry, closet, or garage to create less clutter in your kitchen. When your bins are full, simply take them to one of Bulloch County’s 19 drop-off recycling centers.
Bulloch County has 19 manned drop-off recycling centers that accept a variety of recyclables ranging from paper, plastics #1 and #2, glass, newspaper, cardboard, aluminum/metal cans, and more. Learn all about our recycling centers: their locations, what they accept and when they’re open.
Bulloch County’s Transfer Station recycles daily; cardboard, plastics, aluminum, glass, paper products and scrap metal. Through this process Bulloch County prevents hundreds of tons of recyclables from being placed in landfills.
Bulloch County Recycling Drop-off Centers will be in normal operation, days and times, with the exception of the following holiday hours: New Years, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.
*IN OBSERVANCE OF THE 4TH OF JULY HOLIDAY ALL COLLECTION CENTERS WILL BE CLOSED THAT WEDNESDAY. THEY WILL RE-OPEN THURSDAY JULY 5 AT NORMAL HOURS. WE HOPE EVERYONE HAS A SAFE AND HAPPY HOLIDAY!*
ATTENTION BULLOCH CO. RESIDENTS
*ALL COLLECTION CENTERS ARE NOW CLOSED ON TUESDAYS & THURSDAYS AND THE HOURS HAVE CHANGED TO 6:30 A.M. – 6:00P.M. :MON-WED-FRI-SAT & SUN HOURS 1:00P.M. – 6:00P.M.*
Materials Accepted (details of accepted materials):
- Steel cans
- Scrap metal
- Plastic #1 (PET plastic)
- Plastic #2 (frosted and colored plastic)
- Mixed paper
- Corrugated cardboard
- Used motor oil and filters
- Household items*
- Yard waste**
- Tires** -( must be removed from rims)
*Partnership with Goodwill to reuse items. Residents are also encouraged to donate household items, especially larger items, to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.
**The State of Georgia has banned these materials from landfills and they must be recycled.
In addition, there are bulk waste and household garbage receptacles for those few items that cannot be recycled.
Household Hazardous Waste
Here is more information on how to properly dispose of household hazardous waste items.
Recycling Center locations and hours of operation:
*Beginning November 7, 2016 we will be closing all centers at 6:00 pm.*
Centers open 5 days a week
HOURS: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sun 1 – 6 p.m.
- Olney Station: 7722 Hwy 119 Connector – Phone# 912-823-9439
- Westside: 4982 Westside Road – Phone# 912-865-5604
- Highway 24: 1302 Highway 24 near Mill Creek Park – Phone# 912-489-1343
- Langston Chapel: 334 Langston Chapel Road – Phone# 912-871-7653
- Middleground: 3416 Middleground Rd – Phone# 912-587-9337
- Stilson: 16894 Hwy 119 Connector near Stilson Elementary – Phone# 912-823-3269
- Clito: 514 Kyle Sorrell Road near Clito Rd and Hwy 301 – Phone# 912-587-9155
- Denmark: 8201 Hwy 67 – Phone# 912-839-2024
- Pine Inn Center: 4261 Hwy 46 near Hwy 301 – Phone# 912-488-2300
- Old Leefield: 3469 Brooklet Leefield Road – Phone# 912-842-5195
- Sinkhole: 7605 Highway 46 at intersection of Sinkhole Rd and Hwy 46 – Phone# 912-839-2416
- Ogeechee: 5041 Clito Road at intersection of Clito Rd and Hwy 24 – Phone# 912-587-3301
- City Center: 149 Martin Luther King Jr Drive (7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., closed Sunday) – Phone# 912-764-4637
- Union Church: 1855 Union Church Rd off 301 South – Phone# 912-852-9507
- Pretoria: 7110 Rushing Road – Phone# 912-842-5707
- Cypress Lake: 3808 Cypress Lake Road – Phone# 912-681-8311
- Portal: 2016 Portal-Rocky Ford Road – Phone# 912-865-9745
- Simons: Simons Road – Phone# 912-764-2910
- Arcola/Hwy.46: 270 Arcola Road – Phone# 912-823-5969
- Coming Soon: Nevils Groveland Road