People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- This list does not include all possible symptoms.
What to Do If You Are Sick
- Stay home except to get medical care
- Separate yourself from other people
- Monitor your symptoms
- Call ahead before visiting your doctor
- If you are sick, wear a mask over your nose and mouth
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Clean your hands often
- Avoid sharing personal household items
- Clean all “high touch” surfaces everyday
Quarantine vs Isolation
Quarantine keeps someone who might have been exposed to the virus away from others.
Isolation keeps someone who is infected with the virus away from others, even in their home.
- 1 new cases in the past 24 hours (Bulloch County residents only)
- 23 patients / 8 on ventilators at EGRMC (Bulloch County residents and non-residents)
- 3,102 confirmed cases to date on DPH site
- 132 Cases per 100k in last 2 weeks (< 100 is goal)
- 6.6% PCR positive tests. 7-day Avg. (<5% is goal)
- 144 hospitalizations
- 33 deaths reported to date by DPH (Bulloch County Residents)
Centers for Disease Control Guidelines
- COVID-19 Testing
- Prevent Getting Sick
- If You Are Sick of Caring for Someone
- People At Increased Risk
- Daily Activities and Going Out
- Children and Teens
- Stress and Coping
- Pets and Animals
- Frequently Asked Questions
Stop the Spread
How to stay safe
On March 17, 2020, the Bulloch County Board of Commissioners adopted a Declaration of Emergency.
On March 27, 2020, the Bulloch County Board of Commissioners convened to adopt interim personnel policies to reflect mandated emergency leave legislation, as well as an amendment to the employee health plan.
OTHER COVID-19 RELATED OPERATIONAL ADJUSTMENTS:
Note: Must call for an appointment before entering Probate Court.