The Ogeechee Circuit Mental Health / Drug Court serves Bulloch, Effingham, Jenkins and Screven counties. The Courts provide individuals with an opportunity to pursue treatment for their mental health needs and/or addiction(s) while productively addressing legal issues. Mental Health Court was implemented in September 2013 in Bulloch County. July 2018 Drug Court was opened and both Mental Health Court and Drug Court expanded circuit-wide. Both courts are under the direction of Judge Michael T. Muldrew partnering with the District Attorney, Public Defender, Probation, Sheriff’s Office, Pineland BHDD, and Gateway Behavioral Health Services.
It is the goal of the Ogeechee Circuit Mental Health/Drug Court to impact positively persons with mental illness and/or addictions by facilitating stabilization and promoting self-sufficiency through a combined effort of the Court and community resources.
It is our goal, with this blended effort, to see reduced recidivism, which will make for a safer community, and to assist participants in becoming independent, self-sufficient contributors to the welfare of our community.
- Karen McClain, Coordinator
- Joy Lanier, Program Case Manager
- 39 N Walnut St, Statesboro GA 30458
- (912) 764-0181 office
- (912) 515-5684 cell
- (912) 764-0152 fax
- Bulloch, Screven, Jenkins County – Judicial Annex, 21 Siebald St., Statesboro
- Effingham County – 700 N Pine St., Springfield
Pineland BHDD Contact Information
- SA Outpatient: 110 Zetterower Rd, Statesboro (912) 764-9015
- SA Women’s IOP (Outpatient): (912) 764-1817
- SA Women’s Residential: (912) 871-7355
- John’s Place: (912) 764-6129
- Access Line: (912) 764-5125
- Bulloch Counseling Center (BCC): (912) 764-9868
- PSR/New Beginnings Program: (912) 489-9170
Contact Information for Gateway Behavioral Health (Community Service Board of Middle Georgia)
- GATEWAY Behavioral Health: 108 West 8th Street, Rincon (912) 826-7469 Option 2
- Ogeechee Behavioral Health: 302 East Ogeechee Street, Sylvania (912) 564-7825