To continue providing important services to the public while mitigating the spread of COVID-19, the Probate Court will not allow anyone in our lobby and have suspended our “walk-in” office policy, unless an appointment is given by the Court.
By order of the Supreme Court of Georgia dated March 16, 2020, and extended by same on April 6, 2020, the Bulloch County Probate Court:
- Will suspend any applications or renewals for weapons carry permits until May 18, 2020. Licenses that expire on their face during the emergency period will remain in effect during the emergency period. In other words, these permits will remain valid. If your permit was set to expire on or before February 14, 2020, your permit will be deemed as expired due to the grace period being extinguished before the order of the Supreme Court of Georgia.
- Marriage Licenses will be suspended unless deemed an emergency, and then by appointment only. Please call 912.489.8749 to discuss.
- Guardianships/Conservatorships by self-represented litigants will be by appointment only, and only for emergency situations: Please call 912.489.8749 to schedule an appointment.
- Estates/Administrations by self-represented litigants will be by appointment only. Please call 912.489.8749 to schedule an appointment.
- This Court will not provide notarizations during this period.
- This Court will continue to address mental health and other emergency situations.
Please refrain from coming to the Courthouse, as entry is not permitted. Instead, please call 912.489.8749.
Lorna Deloach, Probate Court Judge
Thank you for visiting the site of the Bulloch County Probate Court. Feel free to contact our office if you require assistance with any of the following:
- Marriage Licenses
- Georgia Weapons Carry Licenses
- Administration of estates of deceased persons
- Guardianships/Conservatorships of Minors and Incapacitated Adults
- Commitment Hearings
- Hearings on Land Line Disputes
- Records Management
- Probable Cause Hearings in Certain Instances
The Probate Court Judge, Clerk, and staff are committed to providing you with excellent customer service. We will be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns that you may have about Probate Court services or procedures. Please be advised, however, that state law prohibits our staff from rendering legal advice, restating the law, or recommending specific ways to pursue legal action. Nothing on this web site is intended to advise anyone regarding legal remedies for a particular circumstance.
Many matters of law are quite complex and may require special knowledge of legal principles and procedures. If you have a problem involving the interpretation of the law, we suggest you contact an attorney licensed in the State of Georgia. Although we cannot recommend a specific attorney, you may contact the attorney of your choice.
Room 103, Bulloch County Courthouse
2 North Main Street, Suite 103
Statesboro, Georgia 30458
Phone: (912) 489-8749 / Fax: (912) 764-8740