1986 and Newer
- Previous Owner’s Title
- Georgia Drivers License reflecting correct address
- Georgia Insurance electronically submitted to DMV’s Website or a declaration page or 30-day binder if insurance on the vehicle is less than 30 days old.
- Other Supporting Documents indicating a name change, inheritance, liens, etc.
***Normally, a dealership or lien holder will apply for the title and send/give the receipt to the buyer. Bring this receipt, along with insurance information to us so that we can either issue a new plate or transfer an existing one.
1985 and Older
- Georgia Title if the seller provided one OR Bill of Sale, including VIN number, date of sale and signatures of both buyer and seller.
- Georgia Drivers License reflecting correct address.
- Georgia Insurance declarations page or 30-day binder for this vehicle or electronic submission of insurance if policy is more than 30 days old.
* Note: If transferring a tag refer to the “Transferring a Tag” section in the Registration menu.
*** Effective January 1, 2006 – GA Sales Tax – When applying for a GA title for a vehicle that was purchased from an out-of-state/country dealer or business, GA sales tax must be paid at the time of application or proof that the tax has already been paid submitted. A GA title & license plate will not be issued until any GA sales tax due is paid. The amount of sales tax due is based on the vehicle’s purchase price or the vehicle’s fair market value if a sales invoice is not submitted. Click here to determine the sales tax rate in your county. The published sales tax rates for counties include the State of Georgia’s sales tax rate. Sales tax must be paid by certified funds or cash to Bulloch County Tax Commissioner.