Apply to LI and HI districts only.
(1) Automatic screw machine: Permitted only when operated with noise silencers, and when located not less than 300 feet from any zoned residential district.
(2) Control of noise: Shall be muffled so as not to become objectionable due to intermittence, beat frequency, or shrillness. Noise as measured at the street or property line may not exceed 60 decibels, and must comply with requirements of the County’s Code of Ordinances.
(3) Control of gases, smoke, dust, dirt and fly ash: Such emission shall in no manner be unclean, destructive, unhealthful, hazardous or deleterious to the general welfare. Such emission shall be in strict conformance with all applicable health laws as pertaining to air pollution and smoke abatement.
(4) Control of glare and heat: Glare and heat from arc welding, acetylene torch cutting or similar processes shall be performed behind solid walls or frosted glass adjacent to the structure concerned.
(5) Protective screening: A 25 foot minimum buffer is required where lots in this district abuts any residential district; a minimum of 10% of the total area of any development shall be devoted to green space.
(6) Safety hazards: The storage and handling of flammable liquids, liquefied petroleum gases, and explosives shall comply with all governmental rules and regulations.
(7) Sewage wastes: Industrial sewage wastes shall comply with all applicable requirements of the governing body and the state of Georgia.